The Brookfarm Culture
The people who come and work with us at Brookfarm are our most important asset. We encourage creative thought and real input at every level of our business, from the farm and factory through to sales & marketing. The working culture at Brookfarm is key to us and we work as a creative supportive co-operative team.
We provide ongoing training and skills building programs for every staff member and aim to offer career paths for every employee. Our staff are passionate about quality, service, and attention to detail.
Brookfarm is based in beautiful Byron Bay in Northern NSW – it is the ideal place to find that work life balance.
Who is Brookfarm?
We are a family owned award winning quality food manufacturing business based in beautiful Byron Bay, we pride ourselves on producing uncompromised exceptional food products. We have a very exciting Sydney based role for an experienced sales executive with a passion for selling real food and working for a quality supportive business.
We’re a paddock to plate company that makes real food the “Slow Food” way; we have a passion for quality, our community and the environment. We support local farmers, sourcing our quality ingredients from our own farm and farms across Australia.
Who is the right fit?
Our ideal person is an experienced sales professional with thorough knowledge and demonstrated results within the premium retail food sector. The Brookfarm culture is very supportive, engaging, team orientated and driven to achieve results. You must be a self-starter coupled with the drive to meet targets, grow market share and support our existing customer base.
As we have an end-to-end total customer focus, being a great communicator, listener and negotiator is essential. High-level skills in all suites of Microsoft Office and experience in CRM systems will be highly regarded, as are strong listening and negotiation skills.
This role will suit an individual with exceptional sales skills, a flexible approach and a passion for selling premium quality Australian made food products. The role is field based and will require a current Australian driver’s licence (vehicle provided).
The big picture of your role!
- To establish close relationships with Brookfarm retail customers.
- Maintain in store merchandising standards.
- To develop new business and grow sales for both our customers and Brookfarm.
- Support our customers with product sales training, lead generation and product demonstrations.
- To manage your business in the field and face to face with key accounts.
- To become an integral part of our sales team and work closely with them to achieve our goals and targets.
The rewards and the perks
Working with a really supportive and skilled team, an attractive salary package is offered to match your experience and competencies.
Please email a cover letter highlighting your suitability and resume to apply for this position. Applications received without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
To apply for this position check out our website, eat our products and see what makes us tick, then email a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]
Digital Content Producer
If creative design and digital communication is your passion, and you value the environment, community and real food, then this may be a role for you?
Brookfarm is looking for a dynamic Digital Content Producer to help drive growth both domestically and internationally.
This role would suit an intermediate level digital media all-rounder with a minimum of 3-5 years industry experience, capable of producing compelling digital content across a range of digital channels.
Based in Byron Bay, Brookfarm is a generational family company committed to Australia’s farmers, sustainable agriculture and regional food production of the highest quality. We promote generational health and wellbeing through producing real food that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Brookfarm produces premium gourmet muesli and macadamia based products, employing over 70 staff across its macadamia orchard, bakehouse and administrative headquarters in the Northern Rivers, NSW. A family business with family values, Brookfarm continues to build on the success that saw it named Telstra Australian Business of the Year (2007).
Please note, this position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
JOB SCOPE: This position exists in order to support the brand and sales marketing function for Brookfarm through the production of digital content including:
- graphic design
- social media strategy
- written content
- website content management
- e-commerce management
- video production
- email campaign management
This role would suit an intermediate level digital media all-rounder with 3-5 years industry experience – capable of producing compelling digital content across a range of digital channels.
- All inhouse graphic design (Adobe suite; specifically, illustrator and photoshop) and manage relationship with external graphic designers as required
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections with consumers on a daily basis
- Optimise company pages within each social media platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create content & scheduling calendars
- Continuously improve social media profile by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, providing strategic response to the business
- Manage Brookfarm website CMS and e-commerce platform. Manage digital campaigns to stimulate online sales and customer engagement
- Produce (edit) video content to be used across digital platforms and through instore TV networks to engage customers and help communicate the Brookfarm story
Key skills, qualifications & selection criteria
- Qualification in graphic design required
- Intermediate level of operation of Adobe suite
- Intermediate website CMS management (wordpress preferred)
- Proficient in video editing (eg: Final Cut Pro)
- Excellent writing and communication in English
- Applicants with languages other than English also considered.
How to apply:
Apply before Friday 16 February 2018 via [email protected]. Please put DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER in the subject line.
All applications should include:
- a resume
- a cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria (within three pages)
Evening Cleaning Shift
There are a number of evening cleaning shifts open for the right people to join the dynamic, friendly Brookfarm team in our Byron Bay Bakehouse. Brookfarm is a food manufacturer with a difference – for us it starts on the family farm; our passion is to produce the highest quality real food and to make a difference to our community and the environment.
A successful candidate would help in all aspects of creating our delicious products but particularly in the cleaning process. This is arguably the most important part of what we do, everything needs to be thoroughly cleaned every day to ensure the safest possible environment to create our products.
Here at Brookfarm, we proudly make the highest quality Macadamia products for our award winning range, from Muesli’s, to Porrij, to Muesli Bars and delectable nut mixes.
We are looking for people who want to be involved – to become a part of our extended Brookfarm family, not just clock in and clock out.
- Excellent eye for detail and quality, second best is not good enough, only the best will do
- Physically fit
- Positive team skills and work ethic
- Able to work well in a positive team
- Able to do Shift work, particularly evening shifts. Starting at 5:30pm to 10 or 11pm
- Takes pride in your work.
- You need to be able to clean – really well
Nice to have
- Valid Forklift license
- Experience in food manufacturing
- Cleaning experience
- Experience in the food industry is a preference but not compulsory.
Hours per week are between 20-30. This may be subject to change.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]